[ Post a Reply | Next | Previous | Up ]

Re: Hull framing

From: Marc
Location: Okeechobee, FL
email:
Remote Name: 71.199.214.117
Date: 12.23.08
Time: 01:33:49 PM

Comments

As best as I can remember, the Isherwood design has the ribs of the ship running horizontally fore and aft. They are several feet apart, just like ordinary vertical ribs would be. It's a design frequently used on tankers. I just saw a show on the construction of a LNG carrier in Korea, and it appeared to have the Isherwood design.

Copyright Boatnerd.com  All Rights Reserved.
             Instructions/FAQ