[ Post a Reply | Next | Previous | Up ]

Re: Rescue Photo

From: Jon Paul
Location: Cheboygan
email:
Remote Name: 75.38.44.14
Date: 12.19.08
Time: 01:21:14 PM

Comments

In the spring of 1977, when I was on the Str. Charles M. White we fit out in Lorain, OH and were tied up outboard off the Str. Joseph Thompson. As I crossed the deck near the forward cabins I noticed a bronze plaque on the bulkhead commemorating the rescue effort of the Thompson's crew. it stood there in silent testimony to the brave men who risked all to save their brothers from a storm that had already claimed one ship.

Copyright Boatnerd.com  All Rights Reserved.
             Instructions/FAQ