[ Post a Reply | Next | Previous | Up ]

Re: Charlevoix

From: Blake Kishler
Location: Ohio
email:
Remote Name: 173.88.45.113
Date: 12.16.08
Time: 08:48:45 AM

Comments

Hi Andy, the Taylor brought coal to the power plant at Advance, several miles into the wider part of Lake Charlevoix. I think it was usually the smaller USS GLF boats (Clymer, Taylor, Calcite II) that handled those deliveries. The plant was taken down a few years ago; I don't think they got a coal load via boat since the late '90s. Maybe someone else has more exact dates.

Copyright Boatnerd.com  All Rights Reserved.
             Instructions/FAQ