[ Post a Reply | Next | Previous | Up ]

Re: Charlevoix

From: RMack
Location: Detroit
email:
Remote Name: 155.139.40.51
Date: 12.16.08
Time: 08:36:20 AM

Comments

Charlevoix used to have a steady stream of coal boats that delivered to a power plant in Advance which is near Boyne City. I remember seeing the Nicolet and the Hennepin quite regularly. There would also be an occasional load of gravel delivered to Ironton and up till the mid 1970s there were occasional tankers that delivered to a tank farm just outside Charlevoix. The coal fired power plant was removed a number of years ago and that killed the deliveries there. I do remember the Taylor being a regular visitor. Here is a link to a photo of her arriving at the power plant near Boyne City from her photo collection http://www.boatnerd.com/pictures/fleet/thumb/mctaylor_small.jpg

Copyright Boatnerd.com  All Rights Reserved.
             Instructions/FAQ