[ Post a Reply | Next | Previous | Up ]

Another bridge question

From: Matt
Location: Montreal
email: matt.koch@sympatico.ca
Remote Name: 206.162.133.180
Date: 12.16.08
Time: 08:35:31 AM

Comments

With the recent troubles at the St. Louis bridge, I was wondering if there are safety mechanisms in place to stop the bridge deck & counter weights from dropping should a cable break. We pass under these bridges every summer on our way to Lake Ontario and I had never thought about it. Suddenly the question does not seem so theoretical anymore.

Copyright Boatnerd.com  All Rights Reserved.
             Instructions/FAQ