[ Post a Reply | Next | Previous | Up ]

Re: B&O Bridge

From: Steve B.
Location: Chicago
email:
Remote Name: 99.142.91.90
Date: 12.04.08
Time: 10:17:25 PM

Comments

Brian, I asked this question a couple of years ago and was told that a saltie hit the bridge in May of 1988 and took the river out of commission for a week or better. The boat was the Pontokratis. I looked up past articles at the library in Chicago after finding this out. Of course the usual blame game ensued, with the ship blaming the railroad for dropping the bridge, and the railroad blaming the crew of the saltie. I believe they eventually found the railroad at fault. Im sure someone on here will have more details. Hope this helps.

Copyright Boatnerd.com  All Rights Reserved.
             Instructions/FAQ