[ Post a Reply | Next | Previous | Up ]

Re: Piracy

From: Original Wally
Location: La Crosse, WI
email: pattywalataoldotcom
Remote Name: 66.112.61.121
Date: 12.01.08
Time: 02:29:19 PM

Comments

If I remember right, a "Q" ship had a very special purpose. It was shallow draft so that torpedoes went right under it. I even heard something about being filled with ping pong balls for floatation in the event they were hit. They weren't heavily armed. I believe only to be used as a decoy. The German raiders looked like freighters, but had hidden guns.

Copyright Boatnerd.com  All Rights Reserved.
             Instructions/FAQ