Fireboat converted to tug

From: Bob Toth
Location: Alexandria Virginia
Email: bob.toth@erols.com
Remote Name: 66.44.90.27
Date: 04/30/05
Time: 03:40:17 PM

Comments

The Detroit fireboat John Kendall was decommissioned in 1976 and the following year was purchased by Robert Massey of Pan Oceanic Engineering Corp, Alpena Michigan. Pan Oceanic replaced the original steam engine with a diesel engine taken from the tanker Bay Transport. It was operated as a tugboat by Ferris Marine in the northern Great Lakes until it was scrapped in 1994. I am completing a 1:48 scale super-detailed model of the Kendall. I would appreciate any information on its career as a tug. For example, what was its name? homeport? Are there any photos?

Copyright Boatnerd.com All Rights Reserved.