Sand Suckers - Emery

From: DaveM
Location: NEOhio
Email:
Remote Name: 65.43.158.9
Date: 01/27/05
Time: 05:08:53 PM

Comments

John R Emery is sitting in Fairport OH, for sale on Scruton's site, at http://www.scrutonmarine.com/D2073.htm Comparing with the BGSU site, she's very close to original condition except diesels, the aft wheelhouse is clearly the top half of the original forward house. We were speculating a while back about buying her, moving the house forward again, and having our own little lake freighter for cruising. Just a small matter of money. I have fairly recent pix at: http://www.nesys.org/photos/boats/Sandsuckers/Sand.html Emery was apprently purchased by Osborne for her sand pump, then put up for sale. They have 2 other sandsuckers, FM Osborne (another very old boat) is active, EJ Carey seems to be well maintained, but don't know how much she's used. As of a few months ago, JS St John was in Erie, in active use. Very pretty boat (ex Navy YO, seagoing), would make a nice liveaboard conversion.

Copyright Boatnerd.com All Rights Reserved.